Our History

     Afipka NPZ is the leader of the Fuel and Energy Complex in Krasnodarskiy Krai.  Today we successfully operates and hold our leading position only because of all the hard work and efforts our workers put into development and constant improvement of the Refinery throughout last fifty years. During its half century history Afipka NPZ witnessed a lot of changes made and a lot of traditions built, welcomed outstanding professionals whose work made our Refinery recognized.

1952

It is decided to build a gasoline plant in Afipskiy village. Moscow Design Institute «Giprogastopprom» was chosen to develop a project for a refinery with capacity to process 438 million m of oil-associated gas per annum.  

1960

Initial ground works and most of the construction works were done. However, due to the lack of equipment needed to finish construction works Krasnodar Economic Council decided on temporary shutdown of the construction works.

1962

The construction works were resumed in 1962 after CPSU Central Committee and Council of Ministry issued Act On Acceleration of Gasoline Plants Construction.  

1963

By that year development of Gas Industry in Krasnodarskiy Krai was quite considerable. A number of major gas-condensate pools were discovered including Kanevskoe, Leningradskoe, Berezanskoe, Maikopskoe, etc.  On December 31st , 1963 Operational Commencement Act for primary developments of  gasoline plant in Afipskiy village was signed.   

1964

The Refinery started processing of gas-condensate recovered in Krasnodarskiy Krai into petrol A-66 and diesel fuel and introduced a unit for co-processing of gas and gas-condensate (SPGK) with gas-fractionation unit (GFU).

1970

In August two more processing units were introduced: Rerun Unit -22/4 and Catalytic Reforming Unit L-35/12-300"А”. Launch of such units as TankFarm, Pumping facility and pipeline network for refined oil products and LPG, loading/discharge rack and chemical storage. Wastewater and sewage treatment unit that covered both the refinery and the settlement needs.

1975

The second Catalytic Reforming Unit L-35/12-300"А” was launched.

1978

Toluene Demethylation Unit was launched.

1980

In January Industrial Group «Krasnodarnefteorgsintez» was created.

This Group united three refinery plants:

  • Krasnodar Fuel Station introduced in 1911,
  • Tuapsinskiy oil refinery introduced in 1929,
  • Afipskiy oil refinery introduced in 1963 that was central plant of the Group


1983

Flare unit was launched to arrange disposal of oil products waste produced by the Refinery units, fuel station, LNG packages from the TankFarm.

1994

In May the Group was changed into an open joint-stock company, OJSC «Krasnodarnefteorgsintez».

1996

In May OJSC «Krasnodarnefteorgsintez» was renamed into OJSC «Rosneft-Krasnodarnefteorgsintez».

2003

In July the Refinery was named as Afipka NPZ, LLC.

October, 1st Afipka NPZ used its new oil pipeline to deliver oil.

2005

Third-primary section of gas pipeline was built, loading/discharge rack was renovated, Rerun unit 22/4 and SPGK unit were fully repaired, TankFarm is readjusted for oil and oil products.

2006

Afipka NPZ  was included into United Petrol Group known as Basic Element’s oil and gas sector, which invested significant funds into reconstruction and development of the Refinery’s jet fuel production unit, adjustment of liquefied gas loading rack for loading of paraffin oil and petrol.  

2008

Limited Liability Company Afipka NPZ had certified its Integrated System of Management that included Quality Management System, and Environment Management System and Occupational Safety and Health Management System.

Additional railways were built, what made the park spread for over 9 km. 

2010

In  June Afipka NPZ was included as a subsidiary to Neftegazindustia, LLC which continued implementation of the investment projects aimed at expanding capacity, processing level and transition to processing oil of Urals brands.  

2011

Renovation works at SPGK unit were completed, Furnace unit P-1 was launched - these solutions allowed to increase the Refinery’s performance capacity up to 5 mln. tonnes per annum. Renovation of railway park allowed to extend non-public railway track up to 13,5 km. 

2012

Construction works at loading/discharge rack were started.  

2013

Afipka NPZ celebrated its 50th year in operation by reequipping Units 22/4 and SPGK Unit, launched Recycling Water Supply Unit and
Pipeline Acceptance Station.

2014

Loading Rack unit with  various utility units were launched, TankFarm was reequipped, construction works at Units PM-3 and UGG-110/6 were initiated.  

2015

Construction of intrafactory Electric Power Substation Vnutrizavodskaya PS for 110kV is now completed.

We continue construction works on Unit PM-3 and launched development of Electric Power Substation Afipskii NPZ PS for 220 kV.

2016

The construction of the PS 220 kV substation AFIPKA NPZ and central control at the production site of "AFIPKA NPZ" is now completed.

As a result, the processed 6 million tons of oil.

Today Afipka NPZ continues to develop and update its production equipment and increase its production capacity.